Our mould experiments are up and running!
We’ve followed a scientific process:
- Researching existing knowledge
- Choosing a scientific question to investigate (one which we can’t already answer)
- Designing the experiment
- Writing down our method so that the experiment could be repeated.
We’re hoping to invite parents to a quick presentation of the results in a couple of weeks’ time.
Here are the seven investigations underway:
- Will mould grow faster on white or brown bread?
- Will mould grow faster on bread or toast?
- Will mould grow under water?
- Will liquid soap slow or stop the growth of mould on bread?
- Will an antibacterial product (Dettol) slow or stop the growth of mould on bread?
- Will mould grow on bread wrapped in clingfilm (and therefore not exposed to air)?
- Will mould grow faster on fruit or bread?