6CM’s ideas on the values ‘welcome’ and ‘cooperate’ were quite political, reflecting current times.
Welcome: Ignas, Jacob, Nina, Reaiah, Sarafina, Sonny
Welcome means to let people into your life and make them feel safe. When you welcome someone, it makes them feel better.
- America is a country of immigrants and has always been a welcoming land. The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of freedom and welcome
- The German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, has welcomed one million refugees from Syria into Germany to make a new life. She has made them feel safe.
- Rosendale likes to welcome new students, staff and families.
Cooperate: Daisy, Gabriel, Jim, Tanya, Wayne, Zeca
Cooperation is where people work together to create or acheive something or to get a job done.
- The European Union is the biggest cooperating team in the world. It consists of 28 countries that agree and try to work together. Europe is the world’s most successfully managed continent. [If this last point sounds like something an adult might say, it was actually Zeca!]
- Scientists around the world work in teams to find cures for diseases and to build the International Space Station. The Wright brothers worked together to build the first airplane.
- Rosendale works together as a school. We work together in 6CM to complete the challenges that are given to us.